What’s your first and last name?
- Cathleen Skinner
What do you teach / what is your ‘title’ at school?
- Director of World Languages Other Than English at the Oklahoma State Department of Education
How are you involved in education?
- A former classroom K-12 world language teacher in urban, rural and suburban districts in Oklahoma.
- Former Foreign Language Education Director for the College of Education at Oklahoma State University.
- Currently Director of World Languages Other Then English for the State.
What does your ideal school or classroom look like?
- Lots of communication in the target language by students guided by their teacher to collaborate on projects and tasks using real target language to accomplish a goal. These collaborations may include virtual exchanges with classes outside the U.S. focusing on cross-curricular projects.
If you were to lead a session at Edcamp, what would it be about?
- Why every child should be learning a world language, and why we should be supporting world language instruction for our students.
- The Goal Is Proficiency: Using comprehensible input instructional methods
- Bringing an Effective World Language Program to Your School
- How to Assess Language Proficiency
- The Seal of Biliteracy
If you are attending EdCampOKC, we’d love to feature your information here too! Please submit this contribution form, including a small photo we can use in your post.