What’s your first and last name?
- Beth Richert
What do you teach / what is your ‘title’ at school?
- Director of Instructional Technology
How are you involved in education?
- I am a former science teacher of 19 years, principal of 5 years and Ed. Tech Director of 1 year!
What does your ideal school or classroom look like?
- My ideal classroom would be something outside the box. An environment with no rows of desks but comfortable think stations. This could be comfy sofa’s, tables and chairs with built in plug in for mobile devices. The students would be working individually or in collaborative teams on real world, authentic projects that not only sparked their intellect but their passions. The teacher would be found milling around checking on student progress and possibly delivering mini-content lessons as needed. Students would be checked in, connected and self-motivated because they have ownership of their own learning.
If you were to lead a session at Edcamp, what would it be about?
- The Paperless Classroom
- Google Apps and other Great Things for Education
- What not to do in a 1:1 mobile device roll out!
Do you have a website or blog?
Are you on Twitter?
If you are attending EdCampOKC, we’d love to feature your information here too! Please submit this contribution form, including a small photo we can use in your post.