What’s your first and last name?
- Shane Sanders
What do you teach / what is your ‘title’ at school?
- Assistant Principal
How are you involved in education?
- I support students, teachers, staff, and families as an Assistant Principal inside of Classen SAS at Northeast located in Oklahoma City Public Schools.
What does your ideal school or classroom look like?
- An ideal classroom to me consists of students and teachers involved in active engagement of the learning target. The success criteria may include instructional strategies that allow students to interact with the learning target in a way they reproduce, engage in dialogue or demonstrate in some way, what they’ve learned in their own way. We as the adult simply becomes the “facilitator” FOR their learning rather than the “orator”.
If you were to lead a session at Edcamp, what would it be about?
- “Breaking the barriers of peer observations, instructional rounds, and walk-thru’s.”
- “What I wish my administrator knew”- a Round table discussion.
- “How do you monitor the effectiveness of Formative Assessment in the classroom?”
- Leveraging positive relationships in the classroom: What’s your go to strategy?
Are you on Twitter?
If you are attending EdCampOKC, we’d love to feature your information here too! Please submit this contribution form, including a small photo we can use in your post.