What’s your first and last name?
- Wesley Fryer
What do you teach / what is your ‘title’ at school?
- Instructional Coach / Middle School Teacher
How are you involved in education?
- I’m serving as our school’s first “Technology Integration and Innovation Specialist.” In that capacity, I work as an instructional coach with our PK-12 teachers, focusing on engaging learning projects with students. We’re avid users of the Seesaw Learning Journal platform, and I’m continuing to work with a special “pilot group” of our elementary teachers focusing on using Seesaw for student portfolios and to document student skills. I also teach our 5th and 6th grade Computer classes, which focus on Media Literacy, Digital Literacy, Digital Citizenship, and keyboarding.
What does your ideal school or classroom look like?
- Flexible seating, student access to both laptops and iPads, big carpet area for class meetings at the start of class, multiple projection options for teacher and student use. (I actually am pretty close to having this setup at school this year!)
If you were to lead a session at Edcamp, what would it be about?
- Media Literacy
Do you have a website or blog?
- mdtech.casady.org– Media Literacy / Digital Literacy curriculum site
- speedofcreativity.org (my blog and podcast)
- EdTechSR.com (my weekly co-hosted webshow and podcast)
Are you on Twitter?
If you are attending EdCampOKC, we’d love to feature your information here too! Please submit this contribution form, including a small photo we can use in your post.